Saturday 2 June 2007

Roots- Altered images

If you are a regular reader of my other blog you may have already seen this picture of an uprooted tree that I saw on a walk last week. I think it was storm damage and just looking at the roots made me think this might interest my grandson (and anyone else who cares to join in) in playing around with the image. Wendy over at the House of Purpleworms gave me the idea a few weeks ago when she was running her lizard post. I have NOT very successfully been trying to play with photoshop (I need lessons).
If you enlarge this one you will see it has been altered but not much. The idea was to make it look more like a painting. However the picture below looks very different! I rather like the glow effect.
Just for fun have a go and see what you can achieve.

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

If oyu really have Photoshop and not Photoshop Elements, Janee's is a good place to take lessons. Also consider LVS.

Steffi said...

Very ´beautiful pictures!I like to see it!

Have a nice weekend!

Barbara said...

I don't have photoshop. I must get it.

ChrisB said...

AC No I've only got photoshop elements and I'm so useless I can't even fathom that out let alone a professional programme I leave that to my daughter Sam . But thanks for the links I'll have a look anyway.

steffi thank you I like taking and looking at photos I'm trying to improve my photographic skills.

Barbara I only have photoshop elements but od course Sam uses photoshop and I believe my grandson is hoping to get it.

AfKaP said...

Gosh! How did I miss this post!! (Must have been right after I got back from Texas! Sorry about that - I'll be glad to color your roots! y the way i only have Photoshop elements too - so to paraphrase Annie from Annie get your gun -you can do anything I can do better!!

ChrisB said...

Wendy looking forward to seeing your creation I bet you will produce something good.